Sunday, May 4, 2014

Some days




There are some days I forget Hannah is a kid with special needs and then there are days it states me in the faces . And honestly I get very overwhelmed.. I get upset with my self when I get upset with her because I know there are emotions she doesn't understand, and she is not able to deal with them... Today was one of those days and my patients was super thin and we had a lot of ups and downs. I love my daughter and her disability is  part of her but honestly I hate the fact I am unable to help her deal with the emotions she is feeling at times.. Days like today make me sad and even though I know there are many parents dealing with it I feel very alone and unequipped to deal with her.  She was very moody today she went from playing in the sand box to swinging to crying and screaming all in about 30 mins then back to being calm reading books to being upset (crying) she couldn't watch TV . These are the days a special needs mom looks forward to bed time Separation anxiety and social/ emotional delays are exhausting. But I know that it will get better and we will both grow and learn to cope together. 




2 comments: