Thursday, October 11, 2012

How do you do it?




 Friends often ask me.." How do you do it? How do you raise a child with special needs? " Most of them don't "think" they could do it, See the thing of it is , I don’t know any different, Hannah is the only child I have had to raise, I don’t see it as "raising a special need child" I see it as raising a child. There is a saying I saw not long after I had Hannah, “I didn’t know I wanted a child with Down Syndrome till I was given one" that is a very true statement. I don’t know any 20 something or 30 something lady saying to her friends," I really hope my baby has Down Syndrome” It not something you truly understand until you live it. Every day is a journey. Every day is something new. Every day is a big deal. You truly learn to live day by day…


Liz

1 comment: